- using public transportation system
- There's a very good public transportation system in Karlsruhe but you can of course also take a taxi. If you're living downtown using trams is highly recommended. During the day trams are going every 2 to 10 minutes. Public transportation system in Karlsruhe is supported by Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund (KVV). So you can use the same ticket for trams and busses.
- by car
- from the north:
- Take the Autobahn A5, towards "Karlsruhe/Basel" up to the exit "Karlsruhe-Durlach", go on towards "Karlsruhe" (first exit). Use the following road, then turn right at the "Universität" sign.
- from the northwest:
- Take the Autobahn A61 until you reach A5. Go on as described in "coming fom the North"
- from the east:
- Take the Autobahn A8 towards Karlsruhe up to the "Karlsruher Dreieck", go on then towards A5 "Frankfurt", then take the exit "Karlsruhe - Durlach". Go on as described in "coming from the North"
- from the south / souhwest:
- Take the Autobahn A5 towards "Frankfurt", exit "Karlsruhe - Durlach". Go on as described in "coming from the North".
- If you'd like to park your car on the campus you should ask for a parking permisson at the main gate of the campus (eastern entrance).
- by train
Step out of the main station at the main entrance. To get to university choose either tram no. 2 (towards Durlach), or tram no. 3 (towards Siemensallee) or tram no. S4 (towards Bretten). Get off at the station "Kronenplatz-Universtität" or "Durlacher Tor". For more detailled information about travelling by train please visit the websites of Deutsche Bahn
- by air-plane
- coming from Stuttgart:
- Here you can find some informations about the airport in Stuttgart. You can reach Karlsruhe by train - there's a shuttle bus going from the air-port to the main tram station in Stuttgart. Find a comfortable train connection at this website: Deutsche Bahn Information: +49-711-948-33 88
- coming from Frankfurt:
- Some trains are going directly from the air-port in Frankfurt to Karlsruhe. Find a comfortable train connection at this website: Deutsche Bahn